Wednesday 18 October 2017

Interview with Delaney Foster




Delaney Foster is a wife, mother, and lover of all things romance. She is a true Southern Belle who enjoys a good wine after a long day and Saturdays at the baseball park. In her stories you will find sexy alphas, the women who love them, and a passion worth staying up past your bedtime for. 
Her books so far are... 
A Woman’s Touch (Part One:A Woman's Touch Series), A Man’s World (Part  Two:A Woman's Touch Series), Sin With Me,  Sin With Me - Penance & The Perfect Gentleman




1. What is your favourite childhood book? -
Anything Judy Blume! 

2. Has a book ever made you cry? If yes which? - Yes. But only a couple. Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan was probably the first. But those weren't like "omg wtf just happened" tears and I was a novice lol. That Which Destroys Me by Kimber S. Dawn left me completely gutted. Since then I've become pretty hard lol 

3. What is your favourite Genre to read? & What are you currently reading? - Contemporary romance. I'm a sap lol. I just finished CD Reiss' Forbidden series. Next, in between WIPs, I will probably start The Unrequited by Saffron Kent. (I know. I'm reeeeeally far behind) 

4. When you're not writing what do you like to do in your down time? -  I'm a mom. So anything with my kids. Baseball games. Fishing. Carving pumpkins and watching Disney family. Anything as long as it's with them. 

Alright lets talk writing.....

5. What first inspired you to write? - That's a very long, multi-part answer lol. But the short answer would be: 16 years ago, a man named Nick asked me for a story so I wrote him one. 

6. How do you come up with ideas for your stories? -  OMG. Music. People. Pictures. Dreams. Stories are everywhere! Inspiration is all around.  

7. What kind of research do you do & how long do you spend researching before beginning a book? - Oh gosh.  I will research something to death lol. I will do two hours research just to write two sentences that describe a building on the side of a street. Like I need to know what goes on inside that building to be able to describe it lol.  I have also been known to "shadow" people similar to my characters to get a good feel of their day to day routine. 

8. Are you indie or traditionally published? - Indie 

9. Would you rather write standalone, standalone with connections to your other works, or multi book series? - All of my books so far interconnect somehow. Even if it's just a tiny glimpse. And I think it's really cool for my readers to turn the page and suddenly be like "oh wow! That's Cal!" Or "I recognize that place or person from (insert book title) or something. 

10. What is your main Genre of writing & would you ever be interested in writing other Genres? - I write contemporary romance, but I think I'd like to try mystery/suspense someday. 

11. What is your most recent/up coming release? - Most recent is The Perfect Gentleman. And I have a few things in the fire right now. An anthology, a novella for a Kindle World, and a standalone. But nothing releasing until after the first of the year. 

12. Do you ever base your characters, events or places on real people, events or places? - Places, yes, if you count cities. Events, no.  People, not specifically, but say the receptionist at my dentist office has a quirk I find funny or interesting, a character in one of my books may have a similar quirk. 

13. Who has been your favourite character to write about so far? - Callisto from Sin with Me. I fell in love with him. 

14. Who has been your most difficult character to write about so far? - Emma from The Perfect Gentleman. She experiences things no one should ever have to go through. Writing those emotions was hard. 

And lastly we're all interested in knowing???

15. What are you working on now? - Ooooo I don't know if I can say... BUT... It's juicy! And very exciting. I promise! 


Want to see more from Delaney Foster find her here 
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/2aHgE6V

Twitter: https://twitter.com/msdelaneyfoster or @msdelaneyfoster
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/delaney.foster/ or @delaney.foster

JOIN DELANEY’S READING GROUP ON FB!!!
Delaney’s Divas:

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Thank You Delaney Foster for taking the time for this interview. It's been fun, We look forward to seeing whats to come!! 



Post a Comment

Instagram

© MillsyLovesBooks. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.